Contour traces are spaced by way of contour intervals and characterize areas on land that lie the equal distance above sea level, taken to be zero ft (0') through convention. That ability that if you have been to exactly comply with the course proven with the aid of a contour line – which is frequently however now not constantly a closed loop – your elevation would now not alternate at all even as the surroundings round you probably various notably at some point of your trip.
What is Contour Interval?
A contour interval is a vertical distance or the distinction in the elevation between the two contour traces in a topographical map.
Generally, there are more than a few contour intervals for a variety of maps. Taking the vicinity to be mapped, contour intervals are considered. In each and every map, on the right-hand backside side, the contour interval is described. In many instances utilized contour interval is 20 toes for a 1:24,000 map scale.
In the above figure, the darkish traces with analyzing are index contour lines. The calculation of the contour intervals is as below:
Also Read: What Is a Concept Sketch
Calculation Of Contour Interval
These index strains will be referred to with their elevation. Discover the elevations of two adjoining index lines. The largest variety shows the uphill rise. Locate the distinction between the two elevations.
A contour map incorporates contour strains of a given geographical region. To preserve the contour map handy and comprehensible to read, no longer each contour line is marked with its elevation reading.
Also Read: Cinder Block Dimensions
Advantages of Contour Interval
- It suggests the slope and measurement of exceptional landforms on the map.
- By searching at the contour intervals it is effortless to calculate the a variety of elevations of the landscape.
- It can be utilized in drawing cross-sections of the unique elements on the mapped area.
- Contour fail to symbolize a few of the heights due to the trouble of the vertical interval.
- Some of the landforms can't be represented by means of making use of contours. For instance coral reef, outcrop rock, and craters.
- The contour technique is now not utilized to signify remedy on a small-scale map as it may additionally uncertain a few details.
Also Read: Standard Door Width
Дата рождения20 июля 1962
МестоположениеНовая Каледония о-в
Дата регистрации27 февраля 2023, 09:18
Последний визит27 февраля 2023, 09:25